04 Oct NOLA Bound
Lisa was one of 27 connected individuals chosen to assess four emerging industries in New Orleans: arts-based businesses,biosciences, digital media, and sustainable industries. Over five days, NOLAbounders from 11 states visited with the business owners, community leaders, and entrepreneurs remaking the New Orleans business community – asking questions, uncovering opportunities, and telling the rest of the world what they found. All participants were asked to share their observations of and insights into New Orleans and its entrepreneurial community through their own social media networks. The results were stunning. From March 12 to 19, the NOLAbound program accrued the following social media statistics:
- 194 contributors on Twitter using the #beNOLAbound hashtag;
- 1,345 tweets from contributors;
- An audience of nearly 1 million unique Twitter accounts receiving tweets;
- More than 2.5 million total Twitter impressions;
- A Klout score of 56.32 in just 90 days for the @beNOLAbound account.
The five-day experience was also filmed, and the resulting documentary.
(Photo credit: http://www.dearworld.com)
NOLAbound was a joint program of The Downtown Development District of New Orleans, Greater New Orleans, Inc., and The Idea Village, and was funded by the U.S.
Economic Development Administration.